The Essential Learn to Read Bundle With Reading Fun Pack, & Lifetime App
- Reviews (1)
Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read is an award-winning program that has helped over 5 million kids become confident readers. The Learn to Read program is based on research and approved by the Children’s Reading Foundation. Designed in conjunction with leading educators, award-winning authors, teachers and parents, Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read uses a proven, simple, and fun method to give your child a strong foundation in phonics and reading skills. The complete Hooked on Phonics® Ultimate Learn to Read bundle contains all 8 levels of the award-winning program, from Pre-K to 2nd Grade.
- Level 1: Early Emergent Readers
- Level 2: Early Emergent Readers
- Level 3: Emergent Readers
- Level 4: Emergent Readers
- Level 5: Transitional Readers
- Level 6: Transitional Readers
- Level 7: Early Fluent Readers
- Level 8: Early Fluent Readers
Because kids learn in different ways, the program includes a variety of multi-sensory tools that appeal to visual, auditory, and experience-based learners. With the Hooked on Phonics® step-by-step approach, kids learn about letters and sounds, learn how to put them together to form words, and then utilize these skills to read great stories and books. Each lesson takes about 20 minutes, making the complete Learn to Read kit perfect for parents and homeschoolers looking for an effective and fun reading program. Each lesson follows the same approach: Learn, Practice, Read, Celebrate.
- Learn:Your child learns to read new words by watching the lesson on the DVD or online and then reading the new words in the workbook.
- Practice:Your child then practices reading the new sound combinations and words in the workbook. This will reinforce the lesson and provide a tangible application.
- Read: Now your child puts it all together and is ready to read a great story. Every storybook is composed of words that your child has learned to read so far in the program.
- Celebrate:Celebrate success after each lesson by placing a sticker in the workbook. This also provides a helpful marker to remember where to begin next time.
This multi-sensory approach makes the program ideal for learners of all types, as well as parents and homeschoolers who want to help their children become confident, lifelong readers!
WHAT’S IN THE KIT:
- 36 Original Storybooks written to reinforce the skills your child learns in the program, including 8 books written by award-winning children’s book authors such as Rosemary Wells and David McPhail.
- 8 Workbooks that will guide you and your child through all of the lessons and many fun activities
- 8 DVD’s filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson, where letters come to life.
- Video streaming of All DVD content is available online or on any device.
- 8 Sets of Stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success
- 2 Sets of Letters and Picture Flashcards designed to reinforce letter names and letter sounds
- Online access to MyHOP (My.HookedonPhonics.com) for all lessons and bonus content.
- Lifetime Access to our #1 Rated Digital App. A $50 Value included!
A LIFETIME DIGITAL SUBSCRIPTION IS INCLUDED:
A Lifetime Subscription to the Learn to Read Digital Edition is included with your purchase. Available on all desktop and mobile devices, the Learn to Read App is a great compliment to the in-home kit and includes videos, interactive word & letter games, and over 100 ebooks to keep your child excited and engaged with the learning process.
- Available as a mobile app on all iOS, Android and Kindle devices.
- Available as a web app on all desktop computers.
- Syncs across all your devices so you can pick up where you left off, no matter where you are.
- The app has over 250 videos, songs, games, lessons, and ebooks.
- Your child will earn trophies and awards for completing lessons, and reading ebooks.
- Register up to 3 readers per account, and track progress of each individually.
A READING FUN PACK IS INCLUDED:
- Reading Fun Pack contains an Activity Pad with more than 90 brain-building activities and a Make-a-Book Kit. It’s everything your child needs to be the author of his or her own book and boost their creativity!
- The Hooked on Phonics FUNdamentals Activity Pad features fun activities that review basic concepts such as the alphabet, numbers, shapes, and much more! It also presents activities that help young children develop fine motor skills necessary for success. Give your child ample opportunities to trace, cut, and draw with pencils, scissors, and crayons. These activities are designed to help make the transition to writing letters and number much easier for your child.
- The Make-a-Book kit provides your child with a blank 16-page hardcover book and 96 stickers with pictures and phrase to help get the story started!
WHAT YOUR CHILD WILL LEARN:
Levels 1&2: Early Emergent Readers
Covers the alphabet, recognizing and matching uppercase and lowercase letters, tracing letter shapes, identifying letter sounds, matching beginning sounds with words and objects, rhyming words, and beginning sounds
Levels 3&4: Emergent Readers
Covers a review of letter names and letter sounds, short vowel sounds, adding “-s” to nouns and verbs, the “-ck” ending sound, compound words, and 34 new sight words
Levels 5&6: Transitional Readers
Covers Kindergarten Review, beginning consonant blends like “ch-,”“sh-,” “th-,” and “qu-,” ending consonant blends like “-ch,” “-th,” and “-es,” suffixes like “-ing,” “-er,” “-ly,” and “-ed,” two-syllable words, and 36 new sight words
Levels 7&8: Early Fluent Readers
Covers First Grade Review, long vowel sounds, “r”-controlled vowels, “y” at the end of a word, diphthongs and complex consonant blends, “wr-“ and “kn,” soft “c” and “g,” two-syllable words, and 36 new sight words